Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pumpkin and Apple PIE CAKE balls!

Pumpking Pie Cake Balls
Spice Cake, 15 oz can of Pumpkin, Cream Cheese Frosting, 3 eggs.

I have detailed instructions on CAKE BALL how to do the basics HERE

Apple Pie Cake Balls: Yellow Cake Mix, Apple Pie Can, 3 eggs
The apples are too big for the cake balls, so you need to chop them up.  I used a food processor to make them more like applesauce with small chunks.  Then blend them and bake as directed.
Once again, I direct you to the HOW TO ASSEMBLY cake Balls post!
 Insert a helpful hint! You see the chocolate doesn't seem to get the right consistency.  Perhaps it is due to being at a higher altitude, so I used about a 1/2 teaspoon of lard in the chocolate.
I got a real good consistency going and was able to do 2 to 4 balls at a time:

The pumpkin one I put red and yellow color in to make them orange.  Pretty cool! You can see these are the first ones, and my consistency was too thick.
I did half with vanilla melted bark, and then took a fork and drizzled the orange over the hardened chocolate.  I have to tell you, the chocolate on pumpkin is so yummy!
I so recommend putting them back in the fridge to get them to harden, and then place on a pretty platter for serving:

Voila! They are done, and that is also my Thankful for today, cause I am tired! lol

1 comment:

Mariah said...

Now you're talking! ;-)