Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday-November 4th~ Thankful

What a beautiful day! Crisp and cold! My boys are gone hunting for bobcat.My heart is beating on this one.  Release them and let them grow up. oh dear.
I keep hearing that sound of the cougar that attacks on the hounds: Ann and Dan in Where the Red Fern Grows. 
Breathe in, breathe out!
Hunting.
Guns.
No one told me parenting would involve these things!?!
My boys are like uber testosterone.They come home and tell me tales of swords they saw at stores, death defying feats on their bikes and other horrible tales.  But you know what? I love every detail and shimmer in their eye as they explain the other side of life to me.  But most of all, I am thankful for the hug Eric gave me last night and the quick whisper, "Thank you Mom, for letting us go."
You see, these are my babies, they are going hunting with a man I trust, but it isn't their dad (whom I trust beyond all).  They need to go, they are excited.  I do not want them to go. 
But they will come home with tales of blood, guts, gore, trials and tribulations, and I will see their eyes all excited and again be thankful, I let them go.

1 comment:

Mariah said...

You're making me cry...girlfriend! But in a good way! :-)I was gone when I read about Eric's hug...