Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

My girls grinning from ear to ear!

Little background! We moved from New Mexico to Northern California a year ago....and the town we are in has one of the largest populations of Punjabi, which is people from India! Turbans, and the most beautiful sari's I have ever seen! The colors are always just breathtaking....
So my girls have been coveting them from practically day one...we have scoured the thrift stores, but they have all been way too small for them...
then a girl named Angel in their class Mom came to visit the classroom in her sari. Anna mentioned that she and her sister were getting one one day...The lady said, oh goodness Angel has some that don't fit her, I will bring them tomorrow! and she did! I had taken a few pictures rather quickly, and then Doris sent an email saying she had a new kit today out...Spring Glamour from Scrap Book Graphics. I opened it and the colors were perfect for the outfits! I played for a bit, and was able to do a layout of them...

Thanks for reading!

Anne


Never lose your joy!

5 comments:

Pressed Petals said...

Very pretty! the girls are looking older!

eilajean said...

What a sweet and special post. Love the photo, and you are right, perfect colors.

Have an amazingly joyful day!!!

eila

charlie said...

oh Anne your girls look beautiful and what a layout to match!!

LouCeeCreations said...

Oh Anne, she looks lovely. When my bro and his family came over here from the US I had to take them to town to purchase a sari for his little girl.. we have beautiful sari shops near where I live, she wore it for her scool photo, it was gorgeous.

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

Aw, that's so exciting for them! Isn't it wonderful when blessings come from surprising sources (and out of the blue, LOL) I hope they have a lot of fun wearing them (and the kit IS perfect).