Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Mom first then teacher...

"If you don't do as I asked now, it is willful disobedience. I am your mother and discipline will be administered. I am not just your teacher. I have told you to do this in your math and you continue to not do it. It now is clear, you know how to do it, but have chosen to not do these steps because you don't want to do it. You get to redo it correctly and from this moment on, if you skip these steps....."
this is my Monday. I didn't yell, I didn't scream, I was calm looking into the eyes of my child who made me a mother.
All the other kids on the block are out of school for some reason or another...perhaps a hang nail of administration? The work ethic of learning is a fight this morning. The memory of 4 hour school days goes out the window.
I am so glad I prayed this morning, and that this too will pass.
So how is your Monday?



Photobucket

No comments: