Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

B&W kits - draw me...but...........

Netta sent the previews to this kit and I admit, I am drawn to b&w layouts, kits and just love the dark - lightness that captures my eyes. Her newest kit (she calls it a mini, I think it's a regular kit) Ebony is one of those that catches my eyes and I want it! But I battle making my own layout. I am not a saver of layouts that aren't "happening" to me. I click that red x and cry out in frustration. I wanted to use black background paper! My shadows were disappearing...so the elements looked flat and blah...
I told Netta of Creative Victorian Designs, my dilemma. She is so awesome. On black,you have to adjust the shadows to almost 100% opacity! That was the touch I needed. I finally got the layout I wanted:This is an older un-scrapped photo. My kids waiting for the little airplane to take them over the basin in Alamogordo, New Mexico. It was very early and the sun was just peekin' over the mountain. I love this pic because little Anna has her tiny little cast on, and the were so excited and scared at the same time. How little they look...makes me want to recreate the photo for a then and now!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Denise said...

I spent this morning playing with this kit....love it! Your LO is just gorgeous :)