Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

More Art Caravan!

I'm officially hooked. This Art Journal Caravan of Tangie Baxter's over at SBG has got me. I made one page for the flyleaf of the book and am craving to do more. Some of my fellow journeyers have made covers, but my brain can't wrap what hasn't been made yet. So I did a fly leaf for a book I already had.
The book is next to my chair, and I kept looking at it, and wasn't satisfied with it. So to the thrift shops Saturday. I had this old book in my head, that I would transformed with my imagination. My son G-man came over and asked to help look for "the book" I needed. I was explaining and this lady next to me turns and asks, "Is this your first altered book?" I said yes, and we both in high excitement talked about what caused us to venture into this arena. It was just amazing that 2 people in one thrift store were after the same final product. Sadly, pickin's were slim. I did find a nifty cookbook, Sunset Easy Basics for Good Cooking, with lots of pictures for Eric and a cool silver retro looking lunchbox, that says, Skip Rope not Lunch! The kids want me to change it to breakfast, as I always forget to eat breakfast til I start shaking from caffeine.
Then I went to Goodwill, which is usually so expensive, but they had a 1/2 off sale..woo hoo, I found a book, and it is not an old book, but one that made me grab it!

I think the made Easy grabbed me~ha ha...but I liked the size and the 3 ring part, and the $1 price tag.


I will do the outside and the inside flyleafs also, for some reason that makes me happy.

It is full of pages and has 12 (for months!!) index cards, so I can fill with layouts also if I wanted to.
This is what really grabbed me, the folding papers, as, I am really wanting to do this, especially for some journalling that I can write and add pics to the front?

Then that it sits up so nicely is good too. I am going to Wal-mart for Mod Podge! woo hoo
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne, that's going to be SUCH a cool journal! Wooohooo! I'm so excited, can't wait for Jan 1 and the caravan to start...

Sandy_in_MD said...

Great find, Anne! The art journal project is going to be a lot of fun (I think!).

I can't wait to see how you cover your book!