Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

the caravan continues

I lay in bed thinking what did I do, I'm not an artist, I'm a digi scrapper. As a preteen, pre jr high kid, art class seemed so bohemian and artistic and rich pumpernickel bread. I was white wonder bread. I took typing!That didn't stop me from glancing in that room of mysteries!
The first stop in the caravan is ONE word! I had done the previous pages first and was in aargh mode about the journaling. I did NOT want to sound whinny. I liked typing. lol But I have always wanted to have some artistic talent. I just didn't have an outlet. That combined with peer pressure and ridiculous notions about myself I didn't persue art.
My word ACCESS~as I now have access to art.
Well-I'm on an art journal journey! This is how it is gonna look in my book! I like the flaps. Because I can do a full page on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet sideways or rip the flap off and just have single page.
I attached the page with double stick tape to the garden pages that came in the journal!
See how it opens to show more to the story.The original paper shows here, so you can see, I am covering this up~kinda cool to me, cause I am growing and yeah maybe it is weird and funky to think it..but that's okay I can be weird and funky.The journal is now attached and folds up nicely. When opened flat you get the whole story to the key hole and the shadow to my unruly hair! ha ha




Photobucket

10 comments:

Lou Ann said...

Hey Anne - Amazing work girl! You truly are an artist!

Pressed Petals said...

looking good!

Carolyn Albro said...

Ohhhhh Anne!! I just love your story about becoming an artist. I'm so glad you took that leap. Your journal is looking good. The flap is a really good idea. I'll be doing some of those in my book as well. You're very inspiring : )

Julie Southern (Studio Sherwood) said...

I'm so tickled that you're doing this! It's like I get to enjoy all the good parts and none of the agonizing, LOL.

Don't fool yourself, though, kiddo. Not only are you an artist, but you are VERY clever, and you have the most valuable thing of all... a sense of humor. All those combined make you a formidable force.

My friends and I still talk about the dead bird layout. I guess not only do you have humor and artistry, but you have a voice. Go forth and conquer!

Donna G. said...

Oh holy smoke, Anne, your caravan stuff is fabuous! You should have taken typing and art. You would have rocked that art class!

Donna G. said...

...fabulous... =)

SherryD said...

Wow Anne, I am so impressed! Love the way you put this layout together. I finally got around to making my first page for the art journal caravan and will post shortly. I'm not totally pleased with it, but it's okay - 'cause anything goes.
Hugs!

Scrappie Irene said...

Your first pages are wonderful and also the way you put them in that album.

Sandra said...

Anne! found your little spot on the net ;-)
I think your art journal is pretty nifty and creative with all the flaps! and you've created some awesome pages too!

Lynn said...

Anne--I just wanted to thank you for all the kind comments on my layouts over at SBG! I loved reading your blog posts here--I can totally agree with not feeling like an "artist". But you have wonderful layouts and ideas and that is art, in its own way! I'll try to stop by here again--love your insight :)