Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Parental Viewing is Advised~gross pictures


You can just scan to the next entry if you have a weak tummy. As a mom, seeing this on my youngest and smallest daughter was enough for me for a long, long, long time. Tony took the hospital pics on his cell phone and he just figured out how to upload them. Anna is doing great and we are very thankful.

I was very freaked out, Anna was screaming, "I don't want to die, am I going to die mom?" and "Abby is scared, I think Abby is crying" I ran around the house, trying to remember everything I have learned in first aid. All I wanted was to not see that horrible gash. I wrapped a towel tight around her leg and put a big pack of ice on it. Tony was not home yet, and I called him; totally in freak mode. He was calm and was home within minutes.

The kids Anna was playing with had a teen babysitter watching them and they were freaking out across the street. Abby and Gabriel thought a chunk of her leg had come out and they couldn't find it...

Tony came home, saw the towel with no blood and thought I was exaggerating, I said oh my God, I haven't even prayed, baby please pray. He did, and woosh, the calmness that can only come from heaven filled our van. We got to the emergency room and she was put right in...when the towel came off, Tony was totally shocked. He didn't realize the serious of the wound.

But God is amazing, she barely knicked the muscle, there was minimal blood loss and she was walking on it that evening. I know God hears our prayers and your prayers for us. Thank you.

6 comments:

Anne of Alamo said...

Test for comments

Pressed Petals said...

Testing, testing. Are you getting this comment now?

Pressed Petals said...

Yeah, it did it!!! Those pictures are gross!!

Anonymous said...

So While we're on food Ann is that In-N-Out in Yuba there or some outher city. Give the address so I can find it on the Web,Robert Sid

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! How exactly did that happend?

Malah

Anonymous said...

I looked at the small pics (kind of). Ray looked at the bigger ones. Pretty gross. I don't think I could have handled it at all.